▪ Robinhood changed the game with commission-free trading with a beautiful UI. Unfortunately, their upsides stop there. Their backend always seems to be going down, their data seem to be wrong, and their business practices are very shady.
▪ I switched to TD Ameritrade because of these downsides. While TD Ameritrade's execution time and price are very feasible, their UI is very hard to navigate.
▪ They have an alternative trading platform called Think or Swim intended for professional traders with even more analytics that can confuse inexperienced traders.
▪ Create an new Trading App using Flutter
▪ Use different APIs to pull the current state of the market and beautifully display it in the app
▪ Use TD Ameritrade's API to allow users to execute orders through the app
▪ How to make apps
▪ How to structure code to interact with multiple different APIs
▪ How asynchronous programming works
▪ I use Flutter to develop the app
▪ I use multiple APIs to get data
▪ Yahoo Query's Stock Price API
▪ TD Ameritrade's API
▪ Asynchronous programming is used to allow the code to call APIs and wait for response
▪ APIs are called every few seconds. The output is turned into streams of data the app uses to update values it is displaying
▪ Launch App on App Store and Play Store
▪ Add Options support
▪ Incorporate more data from various APIs
▪ Update current app configurations to be even more easy to use
▪ Get users
▪ Bring to market?